What are common issues in women’s health?
As a woman, you might wonder what are common health issues faced by most women, so here are 5 common issues in women’s health that you would definitely need to know.
1. Breast Cancer:
In women, the most common form of cancer is breast cancer, and it tops the list of women’s health issues.
You would likely come to know if you have breast cancer, one of the common issues in women’s health if you see changes to your nipples or skin and if you see a lump on your breasts or a thickening of your breasts.
The risk factors associated with breast cancer could be genetic. But there are also some lifestyle factors, such as consuming alcohol, that would increase your chances of getting breast cancer.
A doctor would know at once if you have breast cancer, as some of your breast cells would grow abnormally and spread to your lymph nodes, and to other parts of your body.
Some symptoms that could indicate you having breast cancer would be you losing your appetite, feeling more tired than you normally do and not feeling well for just no reason that is obvious.
2. Ovarian And Cervical Cancer:
- You may wonder if both are related. But there is some confusion on this.
- As both cancers share some same symptoms and these are two most talked-about of all the current women’s health issues.
- Both types of cancers can cause pelvic pain and vaginal bleeding, but the rest of the symptoms are different. Cervical cancer is a cause of the human papillomavirus (HPV), which brings about a change in the cervix cell DNA.
- It is not clear what brings about ovarian cancer, but studies have shown that certain factors like hormone replacement therapy, smoking, and breastfeeding for not even 6 months, could account for around 1 in 5 of ovarian cancers in women.
- Common symptoms and signs of cervical cancer include bleeding after menopause, bleeding after sex and bleeding between periods.
- Common symptoms and signs and of ovarian cancer include feeling bloated at all times, loss of appetite and feeling full quickly while eating. Both cancers are two very common issues in women’s health.
3. Gynecological Health:
There are several disorders that affect the gynecological health of women and some of these are urinary incontinence, vaginitis, menstrual irregularities, uterine fibroids, pelvic floor disorders, urinary tract health, vulvodynia, and bacterial vaginosis, to name a few.
- Vaginal discharge and bleeding are also two most common female health problems, that you as a woman would have to deal with, before menopause, as part of the normal menstrual cycle.
- Gynecological inflammations and infections are very complicated and polymicrobial, which would mean that we bring them about by various microbial species.
- One of the most common of all the gynecological diseases is endometriosis, which is when the uterus lining grows in other places like the ovaries, the fallopian tubes and even along the pelvis.
- Another gynecological problem faced by women and also one of the most common issues in women’s health is pain during or after periods or pain before or after sex.
4. Pregnancy Issues In Women’s Health
Topping the list of women’s health problems and solutions are issues related to pregnancy.
- There are several common issues in women’s health that are related to pregnancy and some of these are preterm labor, stillbirth, infections, high blood pressure, miscarriage, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and iron deficiency anemia.
- There are also pre-pregnancy problems that women face such as continuous abdominal pains, headaches, severe vomiting and nausea, flu symptoms and visual disturbances.
- I could confront another couple of problems with when you are pregnant are bleeding and itching. Some infections that could affect you when you are pregnant include those such as listeriosis or listeria, Group B streptococcus (GBS), Chlamydia, Trichomoniasis, Hepatitis C virus (HCV), Cytomegalovirus (CMV), Toxoplasmosis, Human papillomavirus (HPV), Fifth disease, Zika, and Bacterial vaginosis.
- Another one of the common issues in women’s health, associated with pregnancy is postpartum depression. This is where women experience anxiety and depression and also various other kinds of mental health conditions, not just during pregnancy, but also after the baby is born.
- Then sometimes a normal delivery is not possible and so a cesarean delivery has to do, where a surgical procedure has to carry out and they deliver the baby via an incision made in the uterus and abdomen of the mother.
5. Depression And Anxiety:
Studies show that women could experience anxiety disorders, earlier than men do. Depression in women, one of the most common female diseases, is most common to take place along with anxiety.
- Studies have revealed that depression is likely to affect a woman, twice as much as it could affect a man.
- Some of the factors that contribute to women suffering from depression, one of the very common issues in women’s health, include lifestyle choices, marital or relationship problems, financial troubles, social pressures unique to the woman, work-life balance issues, choice of relationships, a different female response to stress, psychological causes, coping skills, stressful life events and reproductive hormones, to name a few.
- Some depression that you as a woman could suffer from would include premenstrual dysphoric disorder, postpartum depression, major depression, and persistent depressive disorder.
- Just like depression, women are likely to suffer from anxiety earlier than men. Women who suffer from disorders related to anxiety are likely to experience a combination of physical symptoms, beliefs, and anxious thoughts.
- If you are a woman who suffers from anxiety, one of the common issues in women’s health, you would also see changes in your behavior taking place such as trying your best to avoid the everyday activities that you are so used to doing.
- It is very important to note here that each disorder related to anxiety, has its very own unique symptoms and these all involve a dread or fear of things that will take place in the present or.
If you have been seeking the answer to what are the most common issues in women’s health, you now know it!